Alloutdoorsforum - aofusa.com

Your Family Oriented Outdoors Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:40 pm

General    The Silver Grille

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 am 

One of my favorite breakfast places, The Gold Street Cafe in Albuquerque, NM is famous for their breakfasts. One of their specialties is Red Chile-Honey Glazed Bacon.
We were having breakfast there, when one of the chefs walked past our table. I complimented him on the meal, and told him that I wished we were closer to Albuquerque, as I can get quite a craving for the bacon. He said it would be easy to make at home, and gave me their recipe. Gotta share..it is great!

Red Chile-Honey Glazed Bacon
1 pound bacon
2 t. honey
1 T. warm water
1/2 t. red chile

Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon strips on a rack over baking sheet (this lets the fat drip off, so you don't have to drain on paper towels, because the glaze will stick to the paper towels). Mix honey, water and red chile thoroughly in a small dish. Brush with glaze and bake 5 minutes. Brush with more glaze and bake 2-5 minutes longer, watching carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. Thick-cut bacon takes a bit longer.
Serves 4-6.

"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own... let them take risks, for godsake, let them get lost, sunburnt, stranded, drowned, eaten by bears, buried under avalanches --- that is the right and privilege of any free American." -- Edward Abbey, Desert Solitare

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

that sounds really yummy :appl: :appl: wish that bacon thing had a few less calories :cry: