Alloutdoorsforum - aofusa.com

Your Family Oriented Outdoors Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 pm

Outdoor Pursuits    Horses & Tack Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Horse Trailer and Saddle
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:30 am 

We looked in Tenn while coming back from Mi and a funeral at this trailer......We found one down here that was the same model but not in good shape....We are waiting to hear if Julie son is buying her travel trailer and then we will probably purchase this one...We stopped in Ocala Fl and went to a consigment shop for tack and I put a crates on lay a way...It is like brand new and for half the cost of a new one....
http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/suntn/trailerdetail.asp?ID=174975

http://www.cratesleather.com/pages/saddles/team_roper.shtml

It is the color of the 9140 in 17 inch and like brand new...I do not think it was used hardly at all....The trailer is a three horse...Julie and I have bought another horse out of Mont. A Buckskin mare.....I will post some pics as soon as they are sent to me....I will post one off the site....
Her name is Irish Creme Wiskey and we are going to call her Bailey..... http://www.barjtquarterhorses.com/forsale.htm Scroll down to get her picture/ I hope to have her by June.....They are letting me pay her out.....Brando has started his training and is doing wonderfull....He had 60 but it was a couple of years ago and we want to put maybe another 60 days on him depending on how Jay our trainer feels.....We think he would make a great reining horse and we are talking about Jay riding him in competion but will see....Mostly it will be trail riding for us.....Bucky is next in line to be trained....The mare I hope to have a colt out of her later on to give to my one Grandauther who just lost her mother at the age of 31. She OD on crack . She could just not get the monkey off her back. A beautiful young lady and our ex daughter in law.......Our Grandaughter has shown an interest in riding and horses and we both think it would be great threapy. She is a beautiful eight year old and our hearts are broke over this...

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am 

They have been building there Qtr horse business for some time....Quality over quanity......Julie and JT are super nice to deal with and they allowed me to contract and pay her out with no extra charges for feeding......But I own the horse.....It want take long to pay her and would probably have it done had not our trip to Mi....She has just purchased a new stallion and we may work out a deal to breed the new mare later on and I get the first and she gets the second with no breeding fees...I would like to get a colt for my 8 year old grandaughter to raise and ride.......I think after losing her Mom it might be very good thearpy.......She steered me towards this mare for her disposition and right now she has a 16 year old girl riding her.....I hope one day to go up and visit both of the folks that I have purchased horses from......Did you see the new colts page....By the way Brando is one impressive horse and he has only two weeks training at this time....I am really excited about him and how he is turning out....Bucky will be the next one to start and Julie spends lots of time working with him on the ground......

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

:bigtup: :bigtup: :clap: :clap:

2 Grandsons Now

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm 

We just bought a show saddle at a real good price yesterday.....It needs to be cleaned and oiled but it is like brand new.....One of the girls at the stables was entered in to a competetion and decided to do the western event and had to buy a saddle on the spot and has not further need as she is a jumper....I also got the bridle with it and they both are very expensive tack......I have allready bought the bridle home and will bring the saddle home this weekend when you cashes our check....I am going to replace the girth and add a rear girth and a few other items....She kept the reins and I have found one that will go with the saddle and I need a breast collar.......I have not found it....I am also going to change out the bit she has on it as it shows allot of use unlike the rest......Now I just need to get the other one paid for and we will have a start....Have to get one for Bucky but I am going to measure the gullet and bars on the new saddle to see what it fits for sure....It is suppose to be full Qtr bars but I want to make sure...If it does not work then I will clean it up and sale it....I think it is worth allot more than I paid for it...