Alloutdoorsforum - aofusa.com

Your Family Oriented Outdoors Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Outdoor Pursuits    Horses & Tack Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rented My Own Barn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 am 

I am tired of the stable life and idiots that show up with their horses.....The latest is a Lady from VT that claims to be this great trainer and she is dumber than a rock....As a matter of fact it turns out I am getting the barn she had......Only she did not have the whole barn....She if in the process of running everyone off with her mouth...I put her nicely in her place so she stays away from me....She picks on the young girls who ride and I have told the friends who own the stable what a problem she is but no one listens so...I Just got my own and if I let someone else in...It will be of my choosing.....The area has 30 miles of trails and nearby in a state park there is double that....I had a friend who was going to bring her horse there with me but her husband put a stop to it...He is a control freak and jealous of me....Julie is also very good friends with her also.....It cost me less to do it this way than stable as I got a good deal on the barn and lots of pasture divided up three ways.....Not much further for me to drive....I will post some pics as soon as Julie figures out what is wrong with the camera or get a new one....Bucky, Brando and Bailey are doing super...and growing....Julie is going to take lessons from a lady who lives nearby that is a very nice person and super trainer and shows horses and wins..Julie will be riding Bucky with the lessons....She loves that horse and he loves her....He is definatley her horse.....She has the best tack sales in her barn than anyone in this area.....Now to just stop having surgerys so I can get back to riding....Brando is super to ride...Bucky will be too and Bailey needs a little more training.....There may be some surprises in the near future......Wes

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

Post subject: Re: Rented My Own Barn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 am 

Sounds like you have a pretty good set up now Wes.
My old Appalosa is 22 now. He's pretty much "retired". Was a good mountain horse, and we covered lots of sandhills/grasslands down in the prairie chicken areas, so he deserves it.
When he goes I'd like to find a good mule. There's some places up near Taos that have mules with Paso Fino and/or Tennessee Walker in them, and they ride like a dream.

"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own... let them take risks, for godsake, let them get lost, sunburnt, stranded, drowned, eaten by bears, buried under avalanches --- that is the right and privilege of any free American." -- Edward Abbey, Desert Solitare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 pm 

I have read allot about mules latley and their is some folks around here who ride then in many of the trail rides we have......As soon as Julie gets back from Decorating for Christmas at work we are going out to the horses and need to run out to the new barn to take stock of what I need.......

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 am 
Site Admin

glad to hear your doing fine and renting the barn is working out better for you ,

2 Grandsons Now