Alloutdoorsforum - aofusa.com

Your Family Oriented Outdoors Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:20 am

General    In Memory of........

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mountain Man
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:37 am 
Barn Maintenance Supervisor

I was sorry to loose the posts about Jeff that we had on the old site.
Please add anything that you have...

Doc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:31 am 
It is sad that we lost the original sentiment in peoples' posts about Jeff from the old site, but it is no secret that he was a great guy, a patriot and veteran and a mentor to many who is missed by many, many people.

The loss of someone like Jeff Gannon was not just a loss to his family or to this site, the loss of such a person is a loss to the world and everyone whose life he touched, which were many.

Mtnman, we will finally meet one day, somewhere in the hallowed halls of the Valhalla where every day is an adventure in pitting your wiles against those wiley birds or any quarry you can imagine. Enjoy your peace and know that many who care for you still think of you often, friend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:40 pm 

I haven't thought about Jeff in some while...We used to chat back and forth using PM's and he was some what of a mentor to me. I never met the man but his wisdom and knowledge inpacted me in a positive way. I told him that my wife and I would have to stop down to see him in the Ramapo Mountains some day...I'm just sad that it never happened...I truly thought that I would have more time. Anyway, here is a pic of Jeff for those who are interested.

Last edited by WNY_Whitetailer on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:32 pm 

He registered an enthusiastic post in response to some pics and the stories of my daughters' turkey hunting successes in 2005. It was his next to last post. How time flies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Great too see the post .. thanks for.. the memories of our dear friend ..JEFF....

2 Grandsons Now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:25 pm 

I met a couple that lived close to where Jeff live in NY....It brought back lots of memories of the times that I shared on the net with Jeff...Jeff was a good friend. A vet who served his nation and he continued to serve it up to the end of this time on earth..Jeff was a very special person who passed on lots of knowledge and friendships to allot of people he met. I know he is truly missed by his family..as he is by his friends...I sure miss the times we conversed..I miss you Jeff.......

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:53 am 

I really missed Jeff this Christmas...I sent a note to his daughter....She lost all of her Dads e-mail addresses...If any want too please send her yours of those that knew him...I received a nice note back from her....I like others here never got to meet Jeff but felt like I had known him all my life...He was a great cyber friend and sorely missed by me....This Chirstmas Holliday season is not only a time of celebrating Christ birth bot for me of remembering those who have gone on to be with him....Jeff added so much to this cyber world with all his knowledge and just being a great human being....Jeff I miss you my friend....and Merry Christmas to all his family and friends...

One hundred and twenty-nine years ago, President James Garfield brilliantly predicted the situation we now find ourselves in: “The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:35 pm 

Jeff's been gone almost two years now...Time flies.

Here's the last IM I received from him on another forum that we were members of...

Mike,
Great Pic , your daughter must take after your wife rather than you, who looks rather like a clean shaven Frank Zappa, She's a Livin' Doll....

I took my two doe tags in 3R...Now I'm kinda gettin' the itch for some Fall Turkey...Talk to ya later, Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

WNY_Whitetailer, thanks for sharing a few more memories of Jeff , he'll always be here with us ,

2 Grandsons Now

Post subject: Re: Mountain Man
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:11 pm 

To my friend Mountain Man....Not a Christmas goes by that your memory does not pop up....Even though we never met except on sites like this...Your memory and friendship will always be with me....Merry Christmas my friend and know that one day we may be reunited....I know that where you are your still hunting the turkeys....The knowledge and friendships you left behind will be with us for ever....God Bless you and know that you are still remembered and loved.....I just wish that I could have made that trip you and I always talked about....and met.....Bless your family and give them peace and caring....I know it is not easy having you gone but for sure your not forgotton....nor never will be........Wes

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
as asked by RNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:59 pm 

Four years...Can you believe that it has been four years since Jeff passed away? I cannot...Seems like only yesterday that we were talking about those single shot guns...Miss him, yes I do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Keep the thoughts going , I never met him and know that he was a great guy ..

memories go on !

2 Grandsons Now