Alloutdoorsforum - aofusa.com

Your Family Oriented Outdoors Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:02 am

Outdoor Pursuits    Blackpowder

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got a new Cap Gun
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:49 pm 
Last week I picked up another Percussion revolver. Its a Pietta Civilian model of the 1860 Colt Army with faux ivory grips and fluted cylinder. Interestingly the frame is an Army model with cut and screws for shoulder stock. I'm giving consideration on converting this one and another one to sheriffs models with 51/2 barrels and getting a couple of R&D conversion cylinders for them and making them my main match pistols for CAS.

I'm planning on taking them out to the range tomorrow and ringing some steel with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Mike Congrats on the new addition !!

Nice looking toys ! lets' see them ringing the ears !!

2 Grandsons Now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 am 

I've got one like it I bought from Cabela's several years ago, but mine was made by Uberti. It already came with a 5 1/2" barrel..I think it was called a "Sheriff's Model". Nice little pistol, but I need to get the hammer spring replaced/lightened...almost takes two hands to cock it!

One of these days I'm gonna get myself a Patterson replica!

"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own... let them take risks, for godsake, let them get lost, sunburnt, stranded, drowned, eaten by bears, buried under avalanches --- that is the right and privilege of any free American." -- Edward Abbey, Desert Solitare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:14 pm 
Deercop try VTI gunparts for spareparts for your Uberti, They carry parts for most of the Italian repros including both Pietta and Uberti Thats where I'll be getting the barrels and loading lever assemblys if I convert these to Sheriffs models. I'm surprised to hear that your 1860 has a heavy mainspring. Most of the Colt clones like the originals have fairly light mainsprings. My Remingtons have mainsprings that remind me of truck springs.